Thursday, October 31, 2013

Big Girl Bed & More

I've been sitting on this project for a while now and finally got it done. I feel like Sage's room is complete...for now. I found a head board and foot board at a local thrift shop but it didn't have any rails. Thankfully I have a super handy father-in-law who is always willing to help me with my projects. He mad a simple frame that we then screwed to the headboard and foot board. This is after I painted it all white, which is really what took me so long to finish this! Unfortunately I don't have any before pictures of the bed but I do have before pictures of Sage's room. Here goes:

Sage's Room Before

After: New Bed

There are a lot of things in Sage's room that I DIY'ed over the last few years and just never blogged about. So here is a little breakdown:
The paper butterfly banner is leftover from her last birthday party. I punched out a pile of paper butterflies and sewed them all together.


 The dollhouse was Sage's 3rd birthday present from her dad and I. It was built using Anna White's plans, modified to be a bit smaller. Dennis did most of the building and I did most of the painting.


This little side table was a thrift store score that I painted red.


Thrift store embroidery hoops filled with some of my favorite fabrics.


A super simple ribbon to hold all her hair bows.


I love how fun and bright her room is with the pink, red and turquoise!


No comments: