Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter and a Dress

I took full advantage of Easter this year and asked my family to indulge me in a little family photo session. We did get a few good ones that were a bit more serious than this one but for whatever reason I really like this one. It just fits, you know?


In other news, I made this dress for Sage. I gave it to her for her birthday and I also made a matching dress for her new doll. She was super excited about it (even though that is not apparent at all in these photos) because it twirls. You know, because twirl is the measure of wear-ability for dresses for any reasonable 5 year old girl!


The dress turned out good but it means a bit more than that this time. This fabric was given to me by my great-aunt straight from her stash. It's a beautiful silk print that is lightweight and was a dream to sew. This dress will be one that I'm sure I won't be able to part with long after she's out grown it!

-V

3 comments:

BT password reset said...

Very nice picture! Thank you...

Yahoo contact number said...

Such a beautiful picture and thank you so much for share.

Archeage Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.