Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Mercer Tunic

The latest addition to my fall wardrobe is not one but two mercer tunics. I sewed up the first one as my wearable muslin (because really- who wants to sew something for nothing?). I got about 10 yards of this nice lightweight linen/cotton fabric at a random sewing club sale in town where they were selling fabric at $1/ pound!


After sewing this wearable muslin and loving it, I decided to cut into my "good" fabric bought earlier this year at Bolt in Portland. I will say that both fabrics were a bit hard to cut out since they are a little slippery. So I made sure to take it slow while cutting and make sure there was no shifting.
I absolutely love how both these tunics turned out. They hit below my hips, covering most of my bum, and are perfect to wear with skinny jeans or leggings. I love the small gathers at each shoulder and at the back and the button placket jazzes it up a bit. I'm super happy with how these turned out! I'm sure I'll be wearing these year round since I usually run hot and love to layer. Now my only question is - should I make more or try a new pattern?






-v

No comments: